My brain is like a 5-year old, and up until recently, it was like an over-caffeinated 5-year old without a chance to get outside and run around on the playground. I find myself fixated on the WHY question, as well as the WHAT and the HOW, and I can’t help but wonder, about, well, everything.
In no particular order, questions that dart in and out of my mind:
Writing, Documentation, Blogging
- Why do you write?
- Why is this interesting?
- Why do you want to say something?
- What are you trying to do?
- How do you feel when you write?
- Why do you log on?
- What do you want to achieve?
- What are you looking for?
- What do you see?
- Why do you post something?
- How does it make you feel?
- Do you feel better or worse when you go online?
- Is this helping what you want to do?
Work, Clients, Professionalism
- Why are these projects important?
- Who pays us?
- When will this change?
- Do you like this part of it? Why not?
- Why does the system work like this?
- Why do I have fears and insecurities?
- Why am I procrastinating on somethings, and not others?
- How am I doing?
- How can I be better?
- Is what I’m doing enough?
- Do I understand what I’m doing?
- Why am I bored?
- Why am I overwhelmed?
- What do I want?
- Why do I need it?
- How much of it do I need?
- Do I really need it?
- Why do we develop strange relationships with money?
- Is it finite?
- How much time should I spend thinking about it?
- What am I doing wrong?
- How can I be better?
- How is it possible to be so terrible with it?
- Why do I spend money the way that I do?
- What are my goals?
- What tiny changes could I make to make really big long-term changes?
- How did this get this way?
- What are we overlooking? What aren’t we seeing?
- Are we racing towards a strange and precarious future?
- Can I make anything different?
- How will we change the patterns of the world?
- What do people really care about?
- Why did the American Dream start, and is it doing us any good?
- What is the future of cities?
- What about the future of people?
This is the rattled, frenetic brain of mine, on only a few of the many topics I like to think about. I keep asking Why, Why, Why, and I’m just wondering …
- Why do you do what you do?
- Why do you behave in certain ways?
- Who is making the decisions?
- What do you feel like?
- How are you changing and growing?
- How will you make a difference?
How often do you stop and wonder?
There’s no answer to this post. Just curious, insatiable questions.
Next upcoming workshop: Grace & Gratitude, a two-week micro-workshop to open to grace and build more gratitude in your life. A guided journey with exercises, thoughts, and reflection prompts. Begins December 1.
The Writer’s Workshop The next class begins January 13, 2014. Join our community of writers and learn about storytelling, blogging, and how to improve your writing.
If you liked this post, subscribe to updates to stay in touch. I send weekly-ish updates, tips, stories and articles that help you get started on your big projects and unrealized dreams.